Beauty subscriptions services are popping up all over, offering subscribers the convenience of having various beauty products delivered right to their door. It’s a great way to try out products you might’ve heard about, as well as brands you may not be familiar with. While most boxes contain products that can be used regardless of your skin tone or hair texture, there are times that is not the case specifically for women (and men) of color. Says the pile of hair and makeup products that I’ve received in subscription boxes that I can’t use because of those two things.
If you’re a women of color and you’re looking for a beauty subscription box specifically designed with you in mind, here’s a list of 9 beauty subscriptions boxes for women of color. Prices range from $20-$35 a month, and most offer a discount with your first box. Check them out!
1. Curlkit, $25/month. Curlkit is a subscription-based beauty sampling service that delivers 6-9 deluxe samples and full-sized products right to your door every month. Each box also comes with the CurlLife Mini-Magazine, with information about all the product samples in your kit.
*this is an affiliate, receive 10% off your first box
2. COCOTIQUE, $20/month. COCOTIQUE is a deluxe beauty box subscription service for women of color and diverse ethnicities. Each month COCOTIQUE will ship to your door a specially curated deluxe box filled with 5-8 sample size and full size beauty and lifestyle products. They also now have a bonus offer where you can receive 12 issues of Essence Magazine.
3. Onyx, $25/month. For African American hair of all types and skin tones. Receive 5 deluxe-size or full size hair, skin, makeup and lifestyle products from our favorite high-end brands from around the world.
4. GlowwBox, £15/month. GlowwBox is a monthly beauty subscription service for women with darker skin tones. You’ll receive a gorgeous box packed full of 6 beauty goodies suitable for women with darker skin tones, delivered direct to your door, every month. What’s even more exciting about GlowwBox is that the contents of the boxes are a surprise and the value of the products you receive will always be worth more than you have paid for. In addition, the products will be variety of sizes, including sample, trial and full sized so that you’ll have enough to truly try before you buy.
5.Curly Crown Canada, $28.95/month. Curly Crown Canada is dedicated to keeping your costs low and increasing your access to curly hair products by helping you discover growing Canadian and International brands. When you sign up for Curly Crown, you receive a monthly subscription box of curly hair products delivered to your door. Depending on your subscription, your box will include 3-5 products that work for all curl types.
6. Curlbox, $25/month. curlBOX is an exclusive, affordable and effortless way to explore hair care products delivered to your doorstep each month. The subscription list is limited, but once you get on the list of subscribers, you’re good until you cancel. To find out when the subscription list opens, keep an eye on the curlBOX social media or sign up for their email list.
7. CurlMix, $29.99/month. If you like to make your own products, this box is for you. CurlMix is the DIY box for curly hair. They send you all natural ingredients to mix your own hair products each month.
8. The Texture Mix, $25/month. Pamper your texture with the BEST combination of exclusive and curated natural hair products to be delivered to your home before they even hit the shelf! For this subscription box, you take the Texture Quiz to select natural hair products and they will match their brands with your texture needs. Texture Mix also has three different payment plans to choose from, and you have to option to purchase one mix or become a monthly member.
9. Natural Hair Bride Box, $34.95/month. Start your wedding preparations with a Natural Hair Bride Box. A pretty perfect keepsake box filled with hair, beauty and wedding gifts, along with a how-to style video, you can use to help perfect your wedding day look. The first ever bride box designed to give the natural hair bride a true bridal experience.
These were our top finds for beauty subscription boxes for women of color. Have you tried any of these? Let’s us know which box is Bae. Also, if you know of a box that isn’t on this list, let us know that as well.